Food Friday: Everything is Better with Bacon

At my house we have a little argument going on regarding bacon. Growing up, my mom would cook bacon until it was so crisp it bordered on burnt. I don't say this as an indictment. I LOVE crisp bacon.

My kids on the other hand think bacon is great when it's more flimsy and pale. You know, when the fat is white and glistening.

Who's right?

You need to cook this in a microwave about 8 mins before I would eat it. Image: "Tasty Sliced Bacon” by Witthaya Phonsawat. Courtesy Freedigitalphotos.net



Well obviously I am, but let's get to the matter at hand, cooking with bacon.

Even in 1890, people could see the importance of adding bacon to a dish to make it something everyone loves. Today's recipe comes from Receipt Book. Published and Sold by the Improvement Society of the Second Reformed Church, New Brunswick, N.J.




So I present to you Little Pigs in Blankets (but not the Pigs in Blankets you are probably thinking of).




And wisely the recipe author notes to cook the bacon til it's "crisp and brown."

Large oysters + crispy bacon = A wonderful meal.


Comments

Popular Posts